We spend 90% of our time indoors. Humidity, contamination, inadequate ventilation and new building materials can all bring with them the potential for real toxicity including formaldehyde, fire retardants, radon and chemical cleaners.
We, the unwitting consumers, breathe it all in. At home we may deal with allergens, VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds) or mold spores, coughing sneezing or just feeling lethargic, and if any of these problems affect us at work or home then our productivity goes down.
Luckily, the presence of contaminants in the ventilation systems can be determined by taking samples of bacteria, yeast and mold.